April 13 (rain 14)
September 21 ( rain 22)
~Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. Thomas Merton
- 10am – 5pm
- More than 75 local artists set up shop on the Greene and near the red covered bridge.
- Located near the red-covered bridge; #97 on the walking map.
- Those wishing to participate can email email@example.com
More than 75 artists participate in the annual Art Walk held at the Smithville Village.
- Mark & Mark, publishers of Weird NJ will be signing autographs from 10-4.
- live music! ( to be announced earlier to event)
- Artists will be raising money to benefit Atlantic County Canines.
- More than 75 tables are set up on the Village Greene side of the Smithville Village.
“Main streets have art walks and I think Smithville lends itself to it,” said Mike Spagnola, who organizizes the event with his wife, Lucy.
Mike Spagnola said his store sells art and music from local artists. When Mike’s store, Underground, sells local music all of the profits go to the musicians. The store takes a small percentage of the profits from art sales.
“There are seasoned artists coming and there are new artists,” Spagnola said. “Artists who are 16 and 17 years old will be here. A lot of them are excited to meet like minds.”
There will be a wide array of art and artists on display.
“Everything is always cutting edge, but all genres will be represented, from traditional to low brow,” Spagnola said.
The art will be for sale, as well. Entry is free for the artists, and the walk is nearly filled to capacity. Those wishing to participate can still email firstname.lastname@example.org