April 18 (rain 19) Changed to June 6
Sept 19 (rain 20)
- 10am – 5pm
- More than 75 local artists set up shop on the Greene and showcase and sell their work
- Located near the red-covered bridge; #97 on the walking map.
- Special Guest: Marvel Comic Book Artist Joe Del Beato
- Live Music from local favorites 18th & Addison
- Those wishing to participate can email firstname.lastname@example.org
More than 75 artists participate in the annual Art Walk held at the Smithville Village. From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and more than 40 tables are set up on the Village Greene side of the Smithville Village for the Art Walk.
“Main streets have art walks and I think Smithville lends itself to it,” said Mike Spagnola, who organizizes the event with his wife, Lucy.
Mike Spagnola said his store sells art and music from local artists. When Mike’s store, Underground, sells local music all of the profits go to the musicians. The store takes a small percentage of the profits from art sales.
There will be a wide array of art and artists on display.
“Everything is always cutting edge, but all genres will be represented, from traditional to low brow,” Spagnola said.
The art will be for sale, as well. Entry is free for the artists, and the walk is nearly filled to capacity. Those wishing to participate can still email email@example.com.