August 13th, 2014
Stay tuned for next year’s (2015) date!
- Atlantic City is easily accessible via Route 30, Route 40/322, or Exit 1 off the Atlantic City Expressway.
- The NJ Transit rail system can be accessed from nearby Hammonton, Egg Harbor City and Absecon, with trains arriving at the Atlantic City Convention Center. Due to expected high ridership, attendees are advised to allow extra travel time, purchase tickets in advance to avoid long lines, and travel light.
Parking: Click here to download a PDF file of the Atlantic City Parking Map.
- Park ‘n Ride at the SJTA Expressway Intercept lot will be provided by The Atlantic City Jitney Association through the SJTA:
- $10 per vehicle includes parking and shuttle to/from the AC Boardwalk
- Shuttles will run from 9am – 5pm continuously on the day of the Air Show
- Park ‘n Ride at Bader Field, courtesy of AC Jitney Association:
- $10 per car includes parking and shuttle to/from AC Boardwalk, beginning at 6:30 a.m. on day of airshow and continues until 6:30 p.m.
- Pickup at Bader Field at the end of each row of cars; drop-off at Boardwalk, near Albany Avenue
There’s more to a day on Atlantic City beaches than swimming and sunbathing. If you’re ready for something more grab some gear and enjoy a few of these activities:
Surfing is permitted on three designated surfing beaches: Crystal Beach at New Hampshire Ave.; Delaware Ave. Beach; and Downtown Beach at Raleigh Ave. Lifeguards are not on duty at the surfing beaches, and surfers should not surf alone.
Surfing Lessons are available.
Kayaking & Windsurfing are both permitted at the Jackson Ave. beach. No lifeguards are provided at Jackson Ave. This is a no bathing zone designated for Kayaking & Windsurfing only. There are no rentals at this location so you must bring your own equipment.
Beach Volleyball nets are available at several Atlantic City hotels for their patrons’ enjoyment where informal pick-up games form regularly.
Boogie Boards and Body Surfing are permitted on any bathing beach when conditions permit. Please note that all boogie boards must have a leash.
Fishing is permitted on the jetties along the Oriental/Maine Ave. Boardwalk and in the inlet off of the Boardwalk. No fishing license is required for salt-water fishing in these areas. Atlantic City fishing is not permitted on the bathing beaches when lifeguards are on duty (10am – 6pm).
Grilling is permitted on the beach on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day only. Grills must be charcoal briquettes; no gas grills or open flames are permitted.
For group activities and parties, permits are required from the City of Atlantic City.
Metal detectors are allowed on the beach at any time.
Beach chair rentals are available at several locations along the Boardwalk. Sunnyside Up Beach Rental, Inc. has locations at:
- Pennsylvania Ave. and the Boardwalk (near Resorts Atlantic City)
- South Carolina Ave. and the Boardwalk (near Resorts Atlantic City)
- Bally’s Bikini Beach Bar (near Bally’s Atlantic City)
- Park Place and the Boardwalk (near Bally’s Atlantic City)
Bike riding is permitted on the Boardwalk between 6:30 am and 10am daily. Bicycle rentals are available from B&K Bicycle Rentals, Inc., (609) 344-8008 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (609) 344-8008 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, with locations at:
- North Carolina and the Boardwalk at the base of the Boardwalk ramp (near Resorts Atlantic City.)
- Iowa Ave. and the Boardwalk (near Tropicana Casino and Resort)